Some primping items I like to take with me that are really simple but can make such a difference include:
- Two shades of nail polish; one red-coral shade and one more muted neutral shade. Sally Hansen's Insta-Dri line is great for traveling since it's pretty much dry in about 5 minutes.
- Nail polish remover. Currently I’m loving the individual acetone wipes that come in their own little packs (kind of like alcohol swabs)
- Tweezers, because nobody likes to be caught with stray eyebrow hairs, or worse, a unibrow
- A razor
Another thing I like to keep with me is a small tube of sunscreen. My latest favorite I picked up at Whole Foods. It’s a kids’ sunscreen made by Badger that has a fun vanilla tangerine scent, reminiscent of having creamsicles in the summer as a child. When traveling to a place that requires me to use sunscreen, typically that means my roots are going to end up a bit greasy as well. To stay fresh when I’m not able to wash my hair as often as I’d like, I keep a dry shampoo on hand. The original scent by batiste is my favorite. It’s cheap and it works really well!
*Other items that I haven’t listed in detail but are in my kit include:
- Contact lens solution & case
- Evian face mist
- Bobby pins and hair ties
- Pepto bismol, Tylenol, & Midol
- Sewing kit
- Toothbrush & toothpaste
- Nail clippers
- Compact mirror
- Hair spray