As soon as I opened the fridge door (seeing only a few jars of random foods and a few vegetables) I thought to myself "I'm probably going to be throwing out that leftover coconut milk if I don't use it soon" until I remembered I had chia seeds in my pantry. Two minutes later, I had my delicious, healthy, zero waste breakfast prepped for the next day!
- Chia seeds
- Coconut milk
- Sweetener (I used a mix of vanilla infused honey and white sugar)
- Put your coconut milk in a container.
- Throw in some chia seeds.
- Add sweetener to taste.
- Stir well.
- Refrigerate to eat in a few hours, or the next day!
- I didn't measure out any of the ingredients, but if you've never made chia seed pudding before just keep in mind the chia seeds take on liquid and form somewhat of a tapioca pudding consistency.
- You'll probably need more chia seeds than you think if you're worried about them expanding. They don't necessarily need the extra space to expand.
- I added enough chia seeds to just see roughly the amount you see in the jar. Just keep adding them if you don't see enough through the glass!
- Chia seed pudding takes awhile to set so it's not something you can eat right away. It takes a few hours, or overnight, to set and turn into a pudding.